mace-opensaml-users - how to get log to work in opensaml?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

how to get log to work in opensaml?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: how to get log to work in opensaml?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:38:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am using opensaml to implement the SSO solution within our
ISAPI app. I have also successfully modified tester.cpp and
signtest.cpp to generate a signed SAML Response to test the
SSO solution.

The complication came in when our customer uses Sun's Access Manager
(a different SAML implementation) to submit the SAML Response to
our site. We got the certificate file from the customer and installed
to a dir that's accessed by our SSO code to load the X509 certificate.
Somehow, the opensaml code always throws an XMLSec exception.

To debug the issue, we try to get the log4cpp to work within opensaml.

Here is my attempt in the code:
conf1.log_config = "c:\\www\\log4cpp.properties";

but conf1.init() always fails.

The content of log4cpp.properties looks like the following:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1
log4j.category.sub1=A1
log4j.category.sub2=INFO
log4j.category.sub1.sub2=ERROR, A11

log4j.appender.rootAppender=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.rootAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.BasicLayout

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=A1.log
log4j.appender.A1.layout=org.apache.log4j.BasicLayout

log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A2.layout.pattern=The message %%m at time %%d%%n

Thanks for any pointers,

-James