mace-opensaml-users - RE: can't register schemas

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: can't register schemas

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Mintoo C'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: can't register schemas
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:26:43 -0500

> The SOAP binding component i'm using is dom2/jaxp1.2
> (jaxrpc/axis/glue) while the opensaml implementation is dom3/jaxp1.3.
> Had to make changes in opensaml XML.ParserPool to make it compatible
> with the inhouse environment.
> Was there any other way out?

Probably not, but are there actually things that worked in 1.2 that don't in
1.3? I would assume Sun would only break apps that were doing evil things
(like say OpenSAML up to now).

Anyway, I'm very happy with the 1.3 schema stuff, it addresses a lot of
nasty issues and simplifies life on JDK 1.5 without making 1.4 any worse, so
I feel pretty happy with the state of that.