mace-opensaml-users - RE: registering new schema with opensaml1.01

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: registering new schema with opensaml1.01

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Cameron Morris'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: registering new schema with opensaml1.01
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:55:16 -0500

> I register the schema like this:
> XML.parserPool.registerSchema("urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:po
> licy", "schemas/cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd", null);

> I put cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd in a schemas directory in
> the classpath.

This is all being ripped out in 1.1 in favor of JAXP 1.3, but the way the
current versions all work is kind of wonky. The simple way to do this is to
just pass in an EntityResolver instead of that null. Then you just write
your own loader for the file and do it however you think best. This is what
I would advise (EntityResolver is a simple interface, just one method).

The reason it's not working is that the classpath isn't involved, I didn't
know anything about Java "resources" at the time (that's some of the
earliest code in the project). My default entity resolver can't handle
anything except for stuff it knows about, and then looks for you to give it
one to try.