mace-opensaml-users - SAML Nested Elements within <SAMLAttributeValue>

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAML Nested Elements within <SAMLAttributeValue>

  • From: "Breuer, Scott" <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: SAML Nested Elements within <SAMLAttributeValue>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:40:26 -0600

I am attempting to create a SAMLAssertion that will be consumed by the Siteminder Federation product.  Siteminder requires that I add nested elements within the Attribute Value for example.

<saml:AttributeValue>

<SM:SMContent xmlns:SM="http://www.netegrity.com/SiteMinder">

              <SM:NVpair>some:valuepair</SM:NVpair>

</SM:SMContent>

</saml:AttributeValue>

I an not find a way to do this when creating the SAMLAttribute.  I attempted to put the entire text “<SM:SMContent xmlns:SM="http://www.netegrity.com/SiteMinder"><SM:NVpair>some:valuepair</SM:NVpair></SM:SMContent>”   in as an entry in the Collection of Attribute values but of course the parser did not agree and changed the < to &lt signs.   Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Breuer

Great Lakes Security Services

(608) 240-1328