mace-opensaml-users - RE: can't compile shibboleth from cvs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: can't compile shibboleth from cvs

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tim Freeman'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: can't compile shibboleth from cvs
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:04:07 -0500

> I mostly want to know if there is a version (or date, even a fuzzy date
> that I can investigate) with a working Java SP -> AA exchange (to use to
> investigate something in GridShib).

The Java SP is only in HEAD, and it may or may not work right now, and it
may or may not keep working the way it works now where the real details are
concerned.

If all you care about is running some queries against real Shib AA code, the
easiest thing would be to use the 1.2 branch AA and probably just write some
code to run queries using the opensaml SOAP binding code using the latest
opensaml cvs, which is radically better than the real releases and also
pretty well cooked and working.

The SAMLSOAPBinding junit test shows one such example attribute query,
though not with real security.

The Java code is coming along, but no docs are available yet and it doesn't
do some things that a Shib SP has to do.