mace-opensaml-users - SAML 2.0 Implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAML 2.0 Implementation

  • From: Prasad Shenoy <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: SAML 2.0 Implementation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:11:39 -0800

Hi Scott,

I was following your dicussion with respect to Prakash's concern. I
was wondering about your plans for SAML 2.0 Implementation. I am
looking at SAML 2.0 specs at the moment. Is there any implementation
work already in the pipeline ? Other than SourceID who I guess are
working on SAML 2.0 Toolkit, is there any open source version being
built ?

Your thougths on extending the already existing openSAML 1.1 toolkit ?
I know that SAML 2.0 has a different face than SAML 1.1 but I guess
lot of work from SAML 1.1 can be used for building / extending to SAML
2.0 nonetheless.

If you remember, I had asked you this question a while back but I
thought I might check back with you to get the current status :)

Thanks.
--
Prasad
www.fisc.com