mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAMLArtifact class

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAMLArtifact class

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAMLArtifact class
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:42:27 -0500

> Same question for SAMLArtifactProfile (except that I don't
> have any code :).

No, but whatever Walter is doing for 1.3 I need to factor back into the
library where it belongs, if there's anything worth doing.

My guess is I'll deconstruct the binding interface to support subclassing
for specific bindings and protocols and then subclass off of that to do
profiles that sit on top of a binding. The SOAP binding needs to be redone
anyway since the SSL hooks are too limited, so it's part of that redesign.

If it's feasable, I'll try and rework SAMLPOSTProfile to sit on top of a
fake binding that resembles 2.0, or else I'll just defer it and worry about
it later.

The POST profile class started out large and got more and more small, so at
least I'm starting without the wrong presumption now. But I need the hooks
for trust and metadata laid out first to properly isolate the SAML bits and
I haven't looked at that in Java yet, only C++.