mace-opensaml-users - RE: Newbie Question: Creating SOAP message with SAML Query in body and SAML token in WSSE Header

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Newbie Question: Creating SOAP message with SAML Query in body and SAML token in WSSE Header

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Bill Price'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Newbie Question: Creating SOAP message with SAML Query in body and SAML token in WSSE Header
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:59:24 -0500

> I am having trouble putting a SAML token and Query in a SOAP
> Header and Body respectively. I am trying to build a
> (...axis.message.SOAPEnvelope) SOAP message. Is there a way
> to insert the SAML objects into the SOAPEnvelope object. (I
> was trying to avoid converting to Strings.) Can someone
> outline the process or provide code snippets? Thanks.

You can just call toDOM() if you want to get a pointer to the root of the
object's DOM, then you can insert it wherever you like. No need to serialize
and parse over and over.

You should have a Document prebuilt and pass that into the method to insure
that it creates the tree in the right context.

You can look at SAMLSOAPBinding itself to see how I do this.