mace-opensaml-users - RE: WrongParserException (was: [saml-dev] Artifact Format and EndpointIndex in 2.0)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: WrongParserException (was: [saml-dev] Artifact Format and EndpointIndex in 2.0)

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: WrongParserException (was: [saml-dev] Artifact Format and EndpointIndex in 2.0)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:24:01 +0530

Thanks Scott,

The Test Cases are running with JDK 1.5

Thanks & Regards
Sreenivas

> I kept 'dom3-xercesImpl-2.5.0.jar, dom3-xml-apis-2.5.0.jar'
> files in the 'opensaml\java\endorsed' folder.

The Junit tests aren't really very usable for developers (this is a
problem, but I don't have the time to work on adequate tests), but your
problem is that endorsement is a JDK/JRE issue. Leaving them in that
directory does nothing. Java has a lib/endorsed folder where endorsed
jars should be copied.

I suggest people consider upgrading to JDK 1.5 at this point. 1.4 is a
complete disaster in many ways, and there are so many revisions that
break each other it's more trouble than it's worth.

1.5 requires no endorsement and a future OpenSAML release will work with
JAXP 1.3.

-- Scott

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you
should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or deliver this
message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or
contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.

  • RE: WrongParserException (was: [saml-dev] Artifact Format and EndpointIndex in 2.0), Sreenivas.Anandam, 01/13/2005