mace-opensaml-users - RE: help on open saml codes

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: help on open saml codes

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Amit Wagle'" <>, "'SAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: help on open saml codes
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:15:23 -0500

> we trying to implement single sign on using opensaml java codes
> we need help on the same.we are not able to identify the
> correct components for the same

There really are no samples, I'm sorry. The library is just a low level
interface to SAML constructs, but there are little or no higher level
pieces.

If you're doing the POST profile, the SAMLPOSTProfile class is somewhat
useful as an example. Artifact requires using something similar to the
SAMLSOAPBinding class. Both require that you do a great deal of additional
work that is much larger than the size of the source code you'll get from
this library, including writing servlets and implementing cryptography.

If you don't understand SAML itself, you really need to start with the
specification and study it to understand what you're doing. If you know
SAML, you won't have much trouble using this code. It maps directly to the
specification.