mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Aman Teja'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:32:55 -0500

> I have to implement the Single sign on use case (Web browser
> SSO profile). I have chosen to implement the SP initiated:
> POST->POST binding as a mechanism of achieving this [Refer:
> sstc-saml-tech-overview-2.0-draft-01.pdf, section 4.1.2].

My library doesn't support SAML 2.0 yet and won't for quite some time.

> I have the following queries:
>
> 1. How do I create a SANL AuthRequest to embed in the HTML
> form (step 3)? I have created a name idenifier and a SAML
> subject as follows, but don't know how to proceed beyond
> that. Do I created an instance of the SAMLRequest class. If
> so how do I associate it with the subject?

There is no such message in SAML 1.1, therefore it's not in the library yet.
Also, it's not common to include a Subject in an AuthnRequest, that's a
specialized feature.

> 2. Once an AuthRequest hidden variable is embedded in the
> HTML form and the form is received by the SSO service at the
> IdP, how will the SSO service parse and extract the required
> information. Cold you provide few lines of sample code.

You could look at the SAMLPOSTProfile::accept() method to see something
similar. All of that code will be more generic and not profile specific in a
SAML 2.0 version.