mace-opensaml-users - SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation

  • From: "Aman Teja" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: SAML POST-POST web browser SSO profile implementation
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:04:00 +0530

I have to implement the Single sign on use case (Web browser SSO profile). I have chosen to implement the SP initiated: POST->POST binding as a mechanism of achieving this [Refer: sstc-saml-tech-overview-2.0-draft-01.pdf, section 4.1.2].

I have the following queries:

1. How do I create a SANL AuthRequest to embed in the HTML form (step 3)? I have created a name idenifier and a SAML subject as follows, but don’t know how to proceed beyond that. Do I created an instance of the SAMLRequest class. If so how do I associate it with the subject?

            SAMLNameIdentifier("", "xxxxxx.net", SAMLNameIdentifier.FORMAT_EMAIL);

            SAMLSubject oSubject = new SAMLSubject();

            oSubject.setName(oNameIdentifier);

2. Once an AuthRequest hidden variable is embedded in the HTML form and the form is received by the SSO service at the IdP, how will the SSO service parse and extract the required information. Cold you provide few lines of sample code.