mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML SOAP Binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML SOAP Binding

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Rami Jaamour'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML SOAP Binding
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:16:53 -0500

> Is this class org.opensaml.SAMLSOAPBinding? So I can use this
> in an Axis handler? Do you have an example of this? It is OK
> that client side impl is not complete at this point, I am
> more interested with the server side.

I know nothing about Axis, and I doubt it's an Axis Handler. It's something
to avoid the need for Axis, not supplement it. Using anything specific to
one SOAP stack is to be avoided, IMHO. I've heard lots of complaints about
Axis, for example, so I could add some kind of addition for it, but
requiring it seems like a big mistake.

You just give it requests and responses and it packages them for you. The
server side is servlet-based (you pass in the HTTP contexts so it can
extract and return the SOAP.

If you need an example, look at the Shibboleth AAServlet, which is a SAML
SOAP service.

What's missing is a better API for dealing with authentication and for
delegating processing of SOAP headers to something else (maybe Axis).