mace-opensaml-users - version numbers of SAML library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

version numbers of SAML library

  • From: Paul Devine <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: version numbers of SAML library
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:47:34 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Scott,
I was poking around on the OpenSAML web site today and I noticed a new version of the source was posted. Thank you for your hard work in putting this library together, I've found it quite useful in helping me implement a SAML interface. I'm a little confused by the version numbering though, the new version is labeled opensaml-java-1.0.1.tar.gz. I had previously downloaded a version labeled opensaml-java-1.0.8-4.tar.gz. Is this new version really 1.0.10 or was the previous 1.0.8 some kind of misnumbering? Also, what's the delta between this and previous versions? I was looking through the read me and release notes and I couldn't find any explanation. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the effort to incorporate this new version or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Do you Yahoo!?
Discover all thatÂ’s new in My Yahoo!