mace-opensaml-users - RE: Beginner's query

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Beginner's query

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Shankar Krishnamurthy'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Beginner's query
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:35:32 -0500

> I am a newbie to opensaml. Where do I begin. I have
> scoured over the website (opensaml.org). But I do need
> some pointers on where to begin after downloading the
> code. Any pointers..?

There isn't much. The Java docs, I guess. You basically have to know what
you're trying to do with SAML before OpenSAML will be much help.

I usually advise looking at Shibboleth, since it's an actual SSO
implementation built on SAML.

OpenSAML is a very low-level toolkit. It's like asking "how do I start with
OpenSSL?"

-- Scott

  • Beginner's query, Shankar Krishnamurthy, 11/09/2004
    • RE: Beginner's query, Scott Cantor, 11/09/2004