mace-opensaml-users - Getting "Request is from an unauthenticated SHAR"

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Getting "Request is from an unauthenticated SHAR"

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Getting "Request is from an unauthenticated SHAR"
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:48:54 -0400 (EDT)

I managed to assemble an AttributeRequest which I send using the
SAMLSOAPBinding. The response I receive holds the requested attributes except
for those attributes that are limited to a Requestor.

Our administrator at the university responsible for the Shibboleth Origin
setup told me that my target implementation did not authenticate itself
correctly. I.e. in the logs it says "Request is from an unauthenticated
SHAR", and therefore my Target does not qualify for the attributes limited to
the specific Requestor.

Can someone elaborate on how I'll have to configure OpenSAML to do correct
client authentication? I already configured Tomcat with the correct
Certificate, but this is for Server Authentication, if I am correct on this.
Do I have to set the SSL Properties in opensaml.properties?

Thanks for any hints,
-mike