mace-opensaml-users - RE: new to OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: new to OpenSAML

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'François Beretti'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: new to OpenSAML
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:17:29 -0400

> Is there a place where I can find some sample code using OpenSAML ?

Unfortunately not. Partly I guess because I think what's more needed is
programming guide type information about the subtler aspects.

A sample that shows how to build an assertion is easy to write but of
questionable use in building a solution. Not that we don't need that sort of
thing, but I don't think it gets at the bigger problem.

> In fact I have some difficulties to understand the whole SAML standard,
> and I think that reading a concrete use case will help me a lot

That ties into my previous point. Many samples would show degenerate use
cases that lack context.

SAML 1.1 has a very limited set of use cases profiled to a degree that can
be implemented in a "follow the directions" sort of way. Basically the two
browser profiles for SSO and the query/response protocol over SOAP for
things like attribute or authz queries.