mace-opensaml-users - Error testing OpenSAML build with signtest on Red Hat Linux 9.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Error testing OpenSAML build with signtest on Red Hat Linux 9.0

  • From: Albert Lunde <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Error testing OpenSAML build with signtest on Red Hat Linux 9.0
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:23:04 -0500

I think I'm getting an error running "signtest" at the end of building
OpenSAML. However the instructions in the INSTALL document are brief enough,
that I'm not sure I'm even using it in the intended fashion.

This is on RedHat 9.0 Linux, but I've re-built some dependencies like OpenSSL
and libcurl from source in a directory tree off to one side.

These are my notes from the end of the build, after running make:

Signtest seems to expect arguments:

>lunde@socrates]
> 292 $ pushd test/
>/usr/local/src/shib-test1/shib-1.2/opensaml-1.0/test
>/usr/local/src/shib-test1/shib-1.2/opensaml-1.0
>/usr/local/src/shib-test1/shib-1.2 /usr/local/src/shib-test1 ~
>[lunde@socrates]
> 293 $ ls
>Makefile Makefile.in signtest.cpp signtest.o tester.cpp tester.o
>Makefile.am signtest signtest.dsp tester tester.dsp
>[lunde@socrates]
> 294 $ ./signtest
>usage: signtest [-k key_file] [-c cert_file] -d schema_dir -type
>Assertion|Request|Response sign|verify
>[lunde@socrates]
> 295 $

So I ran the script "tester", in hopes this was an intended test case:

>[lunde@socrates]
> 298 $ ./tester
>
>Each class undergoes the following tests:
> - basic construction
> - serialize from DOM
> - getter methods
> - cloning
> - deserialization
> - serialize from input stream (optional)
>

>Schema directory is "../schemas"
>Node serialization will not be written anywhere
>Deserializing from files in "../data"
>
>1087864933 INFO SAML.SAMLInternalConfig init: library initialization complete
>
>SAMLAction
> Action with no namespace
> Valid object...OK
> Build from DOMElement...OK
> Getter methods...OK
> Clone...OK
> Serialization...OK
> Deserialize from an input stream...1087864934 CRIT
> SAML.XML.ParserPool handleError: fatal error on line 1, column 1, message:
> Invalid document structure
>
>FAILED: SAMLAction:
>SAML exception caught: XML::Parser detected a fatal error during parsing:
>Invalid document structure
>1087864934 INFO SAML.SAMLInternalConfig term: library shutdown complete
>
>Completed the test run with errors.
>
>[lunde@socrates]
> 299 $

This looks like a failure, but I don't really know if this is the intended
way to run a test.

--
Albert Lunde

(new address for personal mail)