mace-opensaml-users - Log4cpp and apache logging project, log4cxx

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Log4cpp and apache logging project, log4cxx

  • From: "Cameron Morris" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Log4cpp and apache logging project, log4cxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:43:12 -0600

I just went to Novell's Open Source Review Board.  (They check for problems with intellectual property and licensing)  They had a concern with the log4cpp LGPL license being used with the other licenses.

But they also pointed out that apache is taking on some of the log4j derivitives in their logging project: http://logging.apache.org/
Since log4cpp has been dormant, (See http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=349806 ) I'm assuming opensaml would like to move on to apache's log4cxx.

Has anyone looked at doing this or tried?  If I have to do this, is there someone who can help? And finally, if I do this, will OpenSAML want it?

- Cameron