mace-opensaml-users - RE: java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:51:39 -0400

> Thanks Scott! Yes, I think the problem lies with the subject
> in the query.

Thanks for following up. I think if you just stick .clone() after the
variable you're passing into the query constructor, you should be set.

Interestingly, I had been looking for some way to detect this error so I
could warn people off, but I hadn't come up with anything. I think I might
be able to add checks for this in cases where the child object's DOM already
exists.