mace-opensaml-users - java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: java.lang.ClassCastException when signing SAMLRequest
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 23:54:35 -0400 (EDT)

The following Exception occurred when I tried to sign a SAMLRequest to be
included in SAMLSOAPBinding:

java.lang.ClassCastException
at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredTextImpl.synchronizeData(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.setOwnerDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.setOwnerDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.setOwnerDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.setOwnerDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.setOwnerDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.adoptNode(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLSubject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLAuthenticationQuery.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLRequest.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLSignedObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)

At first, I thought it was something to do with the signature, so I commented
out the signature part of my code. However, the same Exception occurred.

There are no line sources so I have no way of finding out where the Exception
occurs.

Anyone has had a similar problem? Thank you!

Regards
Bernard