mace-opensaml-users - RE: URGENT: Making opensaml on AIX 4.2....

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: URGENT: Making opensaml on AIX 4.2....

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'prashant kulkarni' <>,
  • Subject: RE: URGENT: Making opensaml on AIX 4.2....
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:27:18 -0400

> From last two days I am trying to compile opensaml on AIX box
> and i am exhausted...

I don't know that it's possible, and my limited testing on 4.x went nowhere.
Is 5.x an option for you? I hear it's a lot more reasonable.

> Here is a list i have to look into once i am done with gcc-3.3.3
>
> openssl-0.9.7a.tar

I couldn't even get openssl to compile with shared libraries on AIX. At that
point, I gave up. ;-)

> All advices and your help is really required and will be appreciated..

My first piece of advice is not to use that released version, and move to
the latest cvs code that's about to come out as 1.0. That will put you on
more current XML libraries and should help with the port.

But I would prepare for a long slog. I will be happy to incorporate any
autoconf changes you submit for the port.