mace-opensaml-users - RE: I/O Exception When Invoking SAMLSoapBinding.send

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: I/O Exception When Invoking SAMLSoapBinding.send

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: I/O Exception When Invoking SAMLSoapBinding.send
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:56:09 -0400

> The saml.conf (COTS tool config file) file has been
> configured to read the dummy client key file (jks files) that
> comes with websphere evaluation software for SSL transactions.

I need to warn you that that code is pretty untested. Our stuff uses C++ at
the moment on the SSL client end, so we basically use the server-side Java
piece. The client end is in there for future development.

> Wed Apr 14 18:39:16 IST 2004: ERROR: doPost:
> SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped:
> unknown certificate)
> Wed Apr 14 18:39:16 IST 2004: DEBUG: doPost: method exit

If I had to guess, I would say that it's the SSL layer rejecting the
server's certificate (or even maybe the server rejecting the client, I can't
speak to the failure modes in Java's SSL stuff). I would think it's a trust
issue.