mace-opensaml-users - RE: How To Test SAML!

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: How To Test SAML!

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'malini' <>,
  • Subject: RE: How To Test SAML!
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:23:25 -0400

> I need to knw how to confirm that the product works fine.I
> want some stes to test the products.

OpenSAML is not a product per se, it's a library/toolkit for building
applications that deal with SAML. That doesn't get me off the hook for not
providing any unit tests like a good Java programmer (hint: I'm not), but
the tests would be to insure the library isn't buggy, not give you a means
to test a "product".

> Whatz SAML?Is it a protocol stuff/a application?

You need to refer to the SAML web site:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security

SAML is an XML specification for exchanging security-related assertions in a
few well-defined ways (very few in the case of the current standard).

-- Scott

  • How To Test SAML!, malini, 04/08/2004
    • RE: How To Test SAML!, Scott Cantor, 04/08/2004