mace-opensaml-users - RE: New User

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: New User

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'malini' <>,
  • Subject: RE: New User
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:16:41 -0500

> log4cpp-0.3.4b,xml-security-0.2.0.BUt when i try to install
> the sources i always get some errors xerces path not set
> or...something realted to xerces.I feel that readme is not
> helping since i am very new to both saml and opensource

You have to get the XERCESCROOT variable set correctly. One common mistake I
make seemingly every time is a typo, and I leave out the "C" in the middle
of that variable. It's not XERCESROOT, but XERCESCROOT.

Other than that, just set it to the root of your unpacked tree and it should
be able to find the files.