mace-opensaml-users - RE: C/Java API: troubles verifying assertions

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: C/Java API: troubles verifying assertions

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Cameron Morris' <>,
  • Subject: RE: C/Java API: troubles verifying assertions
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:46:02 -0500

> I tried to validate the assertion in my editor and I get the same error
> - that ds:Signature is not an option in the SAML schema. I looked at
> the SAML schema and it looks good. But when I try to validate the SAML
> schema my editor doesn't like anything that references the
> XML signiture schema.
>
> Can someone enlighten me? I'm sure there is something silly
> I'm missing.

It sounds as though the serializer is distorting a namespace somewhere, but
I've never seen that particular namespace problem before. Are you using the
OpenSAML routines to write out the XML or something else? And can you send
me a sample?

Both the Apache xmlsec libraries tend to handle their own namespace
prefixing of the Signature content and I don't really have much to do with
it. I just insert the resulting element in the proper spot.