mace-opensaml-users - RE: cookie in header

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: cookie in header

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: cookie in header
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:23:48 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Scott Cantor wrote:

> But I would argue that there is no other reasoning for allowing such a
> header, including anything relating to SOAP value-add. The binding as it
> stands specifically precludes such things so that implementing the SOAP
> binding does not require implementing SOAP with X/Y/Z extension for
> reliable messaging or what not.
>
> That should be a separate binding from an interop standpoint, though
> maybe one that will get defined someday.

OK, so maybe enough to say that the existing SOAP binding is not "*the*
SOAP binding" (as it says now), but "*a simple basic* SOAP binding", and
that SOAP bindings that want to use other cool WS-* SOAP thangs can be
written by those so inclined. I will post a note to the SSTC along this
line.

- RL "Bob"