mace-opensaml-users - RE: Compiling under with msvc 7.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Compiling under with msvc 7.0

  • From:
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Compiling under with msvc 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:26:25 +0000

Thanks Scott, I've been fiddling around myself, and just removed the
SAML_EXPORTS from the Iterator and ArrayIterator definitions and it seems to
have resolved the issue also. Since they are being exported out by the
declarations a little further down in the code, it doesn't seem to have had
an impact.

I used this msdn bit

------------------
'identifier' : definition of dllimport function not allowed

Data, static data members, and functions can be declared as dllimports but
not defined as dllimports. The following sample generates C2491:

// C2491.cpp
// function definition
void __declspec(dllimport) funcB() { // C2491
}

// function declaration
void __declspec(dllimport) funcB(); // ok

and this article for initial investigation into the matter :)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q168/9/58.asp&NoWebContent=1