mace-opensaml-users - RE: Help wanted on single sign on

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Help wanted on single sign on

  • From: Bob Daly <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: Help wanted on single sign on
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:43:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've read the SAML bindings doc, and I'm having
trouble envisioning how SAML assertions persist across
SAML compliant apps and services. Let's say I have a
web app that issues an AuthenticationQuery for some
subject to an issuing authority service and then
receives an assertion. The assertion will function as
a security token to then access, for example, an XACML
based policy decision point.

Are assertion documents usually stored by the web app
(using cookies or perhaps a db?) Are they also stored
by the issuing authority? Does the Shibboleth doc
describe use cases that would clarify this?

thanks,
-Bob Daly