mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAMLPOSTProfile.java Question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAMLPOSTProfile.java Question

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Eric Kotler' <>,
  • Subject: RE: SAMLPOSTProfile.java Question
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:23:20 -0500

> In order to check if the assertion is not yet valid or has
> expired, shouldn't the following occur:
>
> if( (notBefore.getTime() - 300000 <= System.currentTimeMillis())
> &&
> (notOnOrAfter.getTime() + 300000 >
> System.currentTimeMillis()) ) {
> bExpired = true;
> continue;
> }

While this particular boolean check gives me a headache, it was fixed a
while back to be in the form you see it now, and we used that code briefly
in the old alpha version. Your expression is backwards, because you're
fencing the current time in between the Before/After values and then saying
it's bad. That interval is the valid interval.