mace-opensaml-users - RE: receiving SAML requests in C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: receiving SAML requests in C++

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Jess Morecroft' <>,
  • Subject: RE: receiving SAML requests in C++
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:31:09 -0400

> Just a question about the C++ implementation of OpenSAML.
> This may have changed since I last looked so shut me down if
> necessary! Does anyone know if there are any plans to
> implement the SAMLSOAPBinding::recieve (actually should be
> "receive" :-) ) function?

Ouch, thanks for the catch. ;-)

And, not really. At least not on my part for the time being.

> I realize this is probably not a
> trivial thing, as it no doubt requires some fairly involved
> HTTP(S) server code, unless assumptions are made about the
> context that it is being called in. ie. gets passed in input
> stream from some calling server code......

Right, that's pretty much the problem. It's just not been an issue yet (in
fact I was under the impression that apart from Shibboleth and me
personally, there's nothing else using or particularly interested in the C++
version).

I would guess it could be implemented inside Apache using APR, perhaps, or
possibly even just libapreq for that matter, but I haven't looked into it.

The ability to override the class certainly argues for the ability for
people to implement it as they might see fit.