mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML..

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML..

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'Chandra, Sekhar(IE10)'" <>,
  • Subject: RE: SAML..
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:53:23 -0400

> I am trying to deploy the SAML open source on WSAD 4.0
> which supports JDK 1.2.2 version. I have found few problems
> with the package java.security.cer. All these packages are
> being supported by 1.4 API. Is it possible to deploy the
> source on 1.2 java if so what I should change and what are
> the supporting jars that I should set in the classpath.

I don't support anything earlier than 1.4, because Java makes it too hard,
IMHO, to conditionally include code.

AFAIK, the main dependency at this point on 1.4 is in the relatively
untested (and unused by me for now) SAMLSOAPBinding send() method, which
uses whatever seemed the most standard classes to do HTTP over SSL. Change
or stub that out and it might well work on 1.3.

I have no idea if it works on 1.2 or not or if the other libraries do, since
nobody in Java land seems very diligent about documenting dependencies.