mace-opensaml-users - RE: Need to use OpenSAML on JDK 1.2.2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Need to use OpenSAML on JDK 1.2.2

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shannon Kendrick' <>,
  • Subject: RE: Need to use OpenSAML on JDK 1.2.2
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:28:09 -0400

> My app server (IBM WebSphere 3.5) runs on JDK 1.2.2, which
> means I am missing some of the classes/interfaces from JDK
> 1.4 that OpenSAML uses. Specifically I do not have
> javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory and javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.

I think there are some roughly equivalent classes from the JSSE days that
should work about the same, but I'm not sure. Given some
time, I guess some kind of ant-based process could select the right version
based on the compiler version, but I'm not that Java
savvy yet. In C, I'd just ifdef it and make everybody happy.

I probably won't have time to do anything with this for a while, with all the
other bugs and issues to fix, but if somebody can
provide a Java 2 version of the code, I can certainly replace what's there.

I don't think there are any other 1.4 dependencies in that code yet. I did
however just pull out the bouncy-castle JCE because Sun
ships a good enough version for my purposes in 1.4. It's easy to drop that BC
jar back in though, as opposed to a code change here.