mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAMLSOAPBinding modifications

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAMLSOAPBinding modifications

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: SAMLSOAPBinding modifications
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:39:18 -0500

> I'm currently implementing the Browser/Artifact SAML Profile
> between two web applications.
> To get it to work, I had to change the following:

I looked a bit closer, and confirmed some of these...

> 1) Insert 'doc.appendChild(e)' at the beginning of the
> org.opensaml.SAMLSOAPBinding.send() method (Envelope
> element). Otherwise, I get an NullPointerException in
> org.apache.xml.security.utils.XMLUtils.circumventBug2650().

This one I'm less sure about, but I'll run a test on the code. It shouldn't
need to be rooted, and if I do it I have to worry about
whether the Request is already rooted for signing.

> 2) Change 'req.getContentType().equals("text/xml")' to
> 'req.getContentType().startsWith("text/xml")',
> because org.opensaml.SAMLSOAPBinding.send() sets the content type to
> "text/xml; charset=UTF-8".

Fixed.

> 3) Change XML.SAML_NS to XML.SAMLP_NS at the beginning of
> org.opensaml.SAMLRequest.fromDOM().
> Otherwise, I get the message: "SAMLRequest.fromDOM() requires
> samlp:Request at root"

Fixed (and we didn't notice because I've not been running with the strict
checking on much).

--Scott