mace-opensaml-users - RE: new release

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: new release

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Nick Laqua' <>,
  • Subject: RE: new release
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:03:39 -0500

> Actually, I don't know so much about artifacts, either. The
> only thing I found was in the bindings document on page 17.
> (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/cs-sstc-bindings-01.pdf)

I know about them in the abstract, but I never focused much on them because I
didn't like the stateful callback design they imposed,
or the fact that you had to preconfigure knowledge of the mapping between
source site and the artifact code at the target. Overall,
POST was just simpler to understand and deal with, for Shibboleth anyway.