mace-opensaml-users - RE: A problem in validating the signature in an Assertion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: A problem in validating the signature in an Assertion

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Joncheng Kuo' <>,
  • Subject: RE: A problem in validating the signature in an Assertion
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:55:05 -0500

> I found a problem in validaing a signature in Assertion.

The signature code is very much a work in progress and has numerous
caveats at this point. It's also not correct, basically. There is a lot
of confusion and complication surrounding it, and I actually wrote a
draft document that discusses some of that, currently posted at the
OASIS SAML site.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-xmlsig-gui
delines-03.pdf

At this point, I would suggest holding off any use of that part of the
code until it is revamped and brought into line with the best practices
referenced by that document. I don't know when that will be, but it will
be within the next month or so.