k20innovators - 1/21 carnival planning meeting notes + action items

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

1/21 carnival planning meeting notes + action items

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: Jennifer Oxenford <>, Larry Gallery <>, Sue Schmidt <>, "Zimmerman, Ann" <>, Kim Owen <>, Michael Abbiatti <>, Ashley Diane Walter <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, Brenda Canine <>, "" <>, Lan Neugent <>, "" <>
  • Subject: 1/21 carnival planning meeting notes + action items
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:33:53 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

All,
Here are the notes/next steps from today's call.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks!
James

TO DOs
  1. Jennifer  communicate plan for testing videoconference connections with content providers.  Begin scheduling tests for week of Feb 1???
  2. Jennifer – send James URL for live stream for inclusion in the marketing materials (if knowable at this point).  If we won't know the URL in advance, we can create an alias in Muse and redirect it to the live stream URL once it is ready.
  3. Jennifer – send the group info on how Bluejeans is currently handling cascading bridging.  Can schools (painlessly, reliably) come into bluejeans behind another h.323 bridge?
  4. James – create separate document with individual session descriptions.  Link to it from flyer, registration page, program website.
  5. James – update flyer per feedback from today's call.  Send to group for final review.  Convert to PDF and send to group for distribution by Mon 1/25
Marketing Plan

Internet2 – We can distribute to our Internet2 K20 Initiative/US UCAN listservs which will reach a national audience of R&E networks serving our target audiences across the country
Ohio – Ann will spread the word at a a large K-12 conference Oarnet is hosting  Feb 9-11.  James will send a note to InfoOHIO list, and to current contact at InfoOHIO, cc'ing Ann.
NANSLO – Sue will coordinate NANSLO marketing with Albert and Brenda.  Sue will send to the appropriate listservs within WICHE/WCET.  Brenda can access MT science teacher listservs.
PhET – Ariel will distribute via PhET Facebook and Twitter channels.  The rest of the group can "like", share, and retweet these posts/tweets.
North Dakota – Kim can distribute via the usual K-12 listservs, Northern Tier listservs.  SIM lab has additional national K-12 outreach channels.
Pennsylvania – Jennifer will lead the charge in distributing through her extensive contacts across the state/region/galaxy
New York – Larry will get the word out through his extensive NYSERNet channels and via appropriate science teacher/ed tech societies in NY.

We will begin distributing to these channels on Monday 1/25.  We can measure the success of our efforts by tracking school registrations.  We can revisit/revise our approach as needed based upon the results of our initial efforts.

Planning Deadlines
  • Fri 1/25 - Content provider demo descriptions due
  • Mon 1/25  - begin marketing event to our target audiences.
NEXT MEETING

We decided to wait to schedule another check in meeting until after we've completed the content provider videoconferencing testing and started our outreach/marketing efforts.

  • 1/21 carnival planning meeting notes + action items, James Werle, 01/21/2016