k20innovators - Interest in Jason Expedition over Internet2

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Interest in Jason Expedition over Internet2

  • From: Jennifer MacDougall <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Interest in Jason Expedition over Internet2
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:46:53 -0500

Hi All,

Happy 2005! Hope this message finds you well and that you had good holidays...

I wanted to pick up the thread on Jason delivery using Internet2 from where George left off with this last spring and try to get an update on interest from organizations in your states for Pat Shea to pass along to the Jason Foundation folks.

We have some organizations here that had hoped to receive the Jason expedition broadcast using their Internet2 connections. In conversation with Pat today, Jason is working to figure out the best way to provide this for the handful of sites that have expressed interest to date. There is some question as to whether there is enough interest out there so any feedback you can provide will go a long way toward whether this becomes a nationally accessible project using Internet2.

It would be really helpful to give Pat a sense of how many schools, libraries, museums or science centers in your region would be interested in receiving Jason using Internet2. He's interested in those sites that are new to Jason as well as previous Jason sites that would prefer to get it by I2 rather than satellite. Please get in touch with Pat Shea at or 310-399-2846 to let him know of your interest.

Also, if anyone would like to partner on creating some exciting Virtual Argonaut post-expedition activities I'd be interested. Please contact me directly.

Best,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer MacDougall
MAGPI Applications Coordinator

phone: 215.898.0341
fax: 215.898.9348

www.magpi.net
215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Interest in Jason Expedition over Internet2, Jennifer MacDougall, 01/13/2005