k20innovators - Re: Smithsonian virtual field trips

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Re: Smithsonian virtual field trips

  • From: Jennifer MacDougall <>
  • To: "Klaver, Kristen" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Smithsonian virtual field trips
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:59:23 -0500

Kristen,

Some time ago, we contacted the Smithsonian and I heard back from Dottie
Klugel (http://www.serc.si.edu/education/dl/videoconference.htm). At the
time she was unaware of the Smithsonian's participation in Internet2 and
in fact said that none of her colleagues were aware of it either. I think
they are probably still doing ISDN sessions though. Her phone number is
443-482-2470. Let me know how it goes with them.

Food for thought, we did a recent session with a PA school (2nd grader) and the Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology and it was a big hit. The Museum is relatively new to this (using interactive video over I2 to deliver programs) but very interested in working with schools from other states. Let me know if there is interest in your regions - http://www.museum.upenn.edu.

Best,
Jennifer

Klaver, Kristen wrote:

Do any of you have a contact for virtual field trips at the Smithsonian? I am unable to find one and I am not even sure they do them anymore. Any information you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

Kristen

I hope everyone is doing well! : )

--