Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group
- From: Kathy Kraemer <>
- To: <>
- Subject: Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:56:03 -0500
First of all, I wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting all of you last week.
I'd like to propose an idea for the Lewis and Clark project. If possible,
set up partnering states to do the following:
1. Pick partnering states/Decide on student grade level
2. Develop a driving question to help focus the project
3. Use the activity component on the Lewis and Clark website as a way to
give the students a context and a reason to talk with each other. Find an
activity that matches the driving question. (This activity could be done
4. Within that activity, students could create a presentation, a treasure
trunk, a webpage, and/or a map that is "region specific" to their state and
the Lewis and Clark expedition.
4. Students share their "region specific" project with their partnering
state via videoconferencing.
We could do the same process with JASON. I have a 4th grade JASON teacher
that is raring to go.
Please send any comments. I'm eager to get this started!
- Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners, Kathy Kraemer, 10/24/2003
- Re: Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners, George Loftus, 10/24/2003
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.