ivclibrarians - Agenda for 10/16 meeting

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Agenda for 10/16 meeting

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Agenda for 10/16 meeting
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:18:22 -0700

All,

Our next meeting is Tuesday October 16 @ 8am Hawaii/9am Alaska/11am
Pacific/Noon Mountain/1pm Central/2pm Eastern. A draft agenda is
below along with instructions on how to join the meeting via video
conferencing, phone bridge, and live webstream.

Please RSVP here if you plan to attend - http://bit.ly/yMEP4f
Hope to see you next Tuesday.

DRAFT AGENDA:

+ Ben Fineman, Internet2 - Discuss the upcoming MegaConference event
and the opportunities for libraries to participate.
- http://www.megaconference.org
- https://blogs.internet2.edu/archives/874

+ Don Means, Digital Village - Don will brief the group on the
“Gigabit Libraries Network” (GLN)
- "GLN envisions an open global relationship network of gig-ready
and gig-aspiring library facilities, systems or consortia cooperating
as a distributed development, testbed and showcase environment for
high performance applications that utilize big bandwidth to serve an
array of educational, civic and cultural purposes."

+ Judy Graves, Library of Congress, will provide an overview of the
videoconferencing programming and other resources available to
libraries. There will be opportunities to ask
questions and brainstorm possibilities. (TENTATIVE)
- http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/videoconf

+ {Your agenda item here}

MEETING DETAILS