ivclibrarians - Alex's VIRTUAL Lemonade Stand Celebration VC - Free Live Webstream TODAY at 11am - 12 pm EDT

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Alex's VIRTUAL Lemonade Stand Celebration VC - Free Live Webstream TODAY at 11am - 12 pm EDT

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: , "" <>, , ,
  • Subject: Alex's VIRTUAL Lemonade Stand Celebration VC - Free Live Webstream TODAY at 11am - 12 pm EDT
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:18:37 -0400

[Apologies for cross-postings...]

Please join us TODAY Tuesday May 22nd from 11am - 12pm EDT for the final celebration videoconference of the 2012 Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand project! Join schools from around the world as they celebrate their two week journey to help raise money to fund pediatric cancer research and end childhood cancers worldwide. We'll also hear from Cameron, a childhood cancer hero and his family about their unique journey. And we'll have the opportunity to view a live musical tribute from National Dali High School in Taiwan!! Then we'll announce the winners of our Make A Difference Commercial Contest and the Poster Contest. Finally, we'll check in with each school to see how much money they raised and how many cups of lemonade they sold to help end childhood cancers worldwide!!

Anyone anywhere in the world can tune in to the kick-off event and spirit rally event LIVE today at 11am EDT by watching the LIVE Webstream at http://video.magpi.net/videos and clicking on Live Videos. And, tweet and follow the event using hashtag #AlexsLemonade.

Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand 2012: Kids Helping Kids Make a Difference!

When life gives you lemons... make lemonade!
Inspired by the journey of Philadelphia-area hero Alex Scott, the Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Project celebrates the idea that just one kid can make a difference. Join schools from around the world to raise awareness and money for pediatric cancer research, all while participating in standards-based projects that make the process both inspiring and fun. It's all about kids helping kids - - and we want you to get involved!

As part of this two week program, each participating school held their own lemonade stands to help raise funds for pediatric cancer. Schools organized a variety of really exciting stands and other fundraising efforts. Join us TODAY Tuesday May 22nd from 11 am - 12 pm EDT to hear about their efforts and to find out how much we raised!!

MAGPI is pleased to once again bring you this project in partnership with the Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Alex's Lemonade Stand is a national organization with Greater Philadelphia roots. The organization grew out of the front yard lemonade stand started by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, a pediatric cancer patient. In 2000, at the age of four, Alex opened her first annual lemonade stand with high hopes of raising money for pediatric cancer causes. Every year thereafter, Alex held an annual lemonade stand in her Pennsylvania front yard and inspired others to donate money to her cause. For more information or to donate: http://www.alexslemonade.org

DONATE TODAY - Help make a difference and save a life!!
By Phone: 866-333-1213
Via Text: 85944

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Manager, Web & PR

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Alex's VIRTUAL Lemonade Stand Celebration VC - Free Live Webstream TODAY at 11am - 12 pm EDT, Jennifer Oxenford, 05/22/2012