ivclibrarians - Draft Agenda Tues May 15th meeting

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Draft Agenda Tues May 15th meeting

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Draft Agenda Tues May 15th meeting
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 07:08:53 -0700

Hi All,

Our next meeting is coming up on Tuesday May 15 @ 8am Hawaii/9am
Alaska/11am Pacific/Noon Mountain/1pm Central/2pm Eastern. I've
included a draft agenda below. Let me know if anyone has additions.

DRAFT AGENDA:

1) This month several of you have expressed an interest in a round
robin discussion where we share our collective experiences using
videoconferencing in our libraries and schools. Below are a few topic
suggestions to help guide the discussion. This is just a start,
please send in your ideas!

+ Describe the videoconferencing events you've hosted at your library
or school in the last few of months. Share plans for future events.
+ How do you find and approach authors or other program providers?
+ What kind of programs are most popular at your school or library?
How do you discover what folks want?
+ What's the biggest technical challenge you face in providing IVC?

2) Continue brainstorming potential collaboration projects for our
group (planning joint IVC events, etc.)

3) Review progress on IVC librarians best practices guide.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eTM47EFh0EwAZ9hiFZbWl5ND-Fy4KSv5IDMBPmvkSaE/edit

Please RSVP here if you are planning to attend next week's meeting.
http://bit.ly/yMEP4f

MEETING DETAILS