ivclibrarians - Fwd: Content Providers for Programs
Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing
- From: James Werle <>
- Subject: Fwd: Content Providers for Programs
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:22:40 -0700
All, FYI below. thanks for sharing, Juliana.
I'll note that the Internet2 "Muse" resource mentioned below is currently under going a complete redesign. The updated version will be available by June of this year.
From: Juliana Gaddis <>
Date: Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Subject: Content Providers for Programs
To: "James Werle ()" <>
Thank you again for inviting us to present about our use of Internet2 and Videoconference programming. Can you please share the below information with the group? Here are some links that we have found helpful when searching for content providers:
· Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration - http://cilc.org
With this database you can search by content provider, topic, age group, technology type.
§ You can search videoconferencing directories to see what other organizations participate in videoconferencing.
§ This is a great way to build partnerships.
· Muse - http://k20.internet2.edu/
o Muse is a social utility that connects you with Internet2-enabled technologies and educators.
o Like Facebook for Internet 2. You add friend, join regions, share resources.
o Good way to work collaboratively with others and brainstorm about ideas.
· NASA’s Digital Learning Network - http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/dln/index.html
o FREE videoconferences with NASA experts and education specialists.
o You will need to register directly with NASA’s DLN site to request programs as they do not cross reference with other databases.
· Ohio Distance Learning - http://www.ohiodl.org/all_contentproviders.php
o Compilation of video conference content providers in Ohio.
o Not all states have a database like this (e.g. Kentucky)
· MAGPI - http://www.magpi.net/
· The Kentucky Internet 2 Initiative - http://i2.ky.gov/educators/
· Google – www.google.com (e.g. virtual field trips)
· Websites listing author’s who videoconference (some of them for free) - http://skypeanauthor.wetpaint.com/
Let me know if you have any questions.
Children's Services Librarian
Jessamine County Public Library
600 South Main Street
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 885-3523 phone
(859) 885-5164 fax
- Fwd: Content Providers for Programs, James Werle, 03/20/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.