ivclibrarians - Please RSVP for our 1/26 meeting + video testing/connection instructions

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Please RSVP for our 1/26 meeting + video testing/connection instructions

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Please RSVP for our 1/26 meeting + video testing/connection instructions
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:59:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone,

We've arranged for the Internet2 Commons to provide MCU services for the
remainder of our meetings in 2012 starting with our meeting on Thursday 1/26.
Below are the instructions for connecting on the day of the event and
testing your video connection in advance. Since testing is available 24/7
feel free to give it a try anytime! If you have any trouble don't hesitate to
get in touch with Ben Fineman or Nick Thomson at Internet2. Their contact
info is below. We have 30 MCU ports available and 40 spots on the phone
bridge this time.

Please fill in this brief RSVP form to indicate whether you'll be joining via
phone or video.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZPZDVER2dSb1NXamdIRk9SWXo3V0E6MQ

If you're curious, you can view who's responded to the RSVP here:
http://bit.ly/zJioJV

As a reminder, this month Elizabeth G. Burton, National Director of the
Polycom Grant and E-rate Assistance Program, will share a wide variety of
funding sources available to expand your library's videoconferencing
capacity. Here's a link to the program Elizabeth will be speaking about:
http://www.polycom.com/grants.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you soon!

Best,
James

PS. I'm still collecting the phone bridge info and will send ASAP.

------

Video Testing:
You can dial either of the following numbers to test your units ahead of time:
GDS: 0011897801234 (If you are not registered, please see above for more
information)
IP:

For more information about our Always Available testing facilities, please
visit:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/I2commons/H.323+Testing+Instructions.

Day of Event Video Dialing:

IP Dialing - Dial

GDS Dialing Directions -
1. Register with a GDS-enabled Gatekeeper.
To borrow space see: http://commons.internet2.edu/reggate.html
2. Dial 001189780 9023 (no spaces)

Comments:

For Technical Support please contact Ben Fineman at 1-734-352-4975 or Nick
Thompson at 1-614-247-8066. Then if needed, call the Internet2 Commons
Support Desk at +1-800-627-6420 and be sure to reference the following ticket
number; INC0042398.

Thank you,
The Commons Tech Team

  • Please RSVP for our 1/26 meeting + video testing/connection instructions, James Werle, 01/17/2012