ivclibrarians - Re: 12/8 K-20 librarian IVC interest group agenda

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Re: 12/8 K-20 librarian IVC interest group agenda

  • From: "Tony Ben'jammin' DeNardo III" <>
  • To: James Werle <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: 12/8 K-20 librarian IVC interest group agenda
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:37:17 -0700 (MST)

1) Please describe your past experience or interest in using
videoconferencing within your organization.

I think we've done just about everything/anything that can be done with videoconferencing ;-) Small meetings, large presentations, distance education and
virtual presence. I'm interested in motivating our Librarians (I'm not one!)
see the value in this technology and inspire them to use this tool to achieve
their
vision of our academic research community.

2) What's the most important thing you hope to get out of
participating in this group?

Learning from others, and sharing anything we have that may be of value ;-)

3) Are there specific questions, topics, collaborative activities
you'd like the group to explore together?

As a technical resource with a significant infrastructure, how can we
motivate others to
utilize h.323? Our systems are quite underutilized!