isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:53:03 -0400

From: "Freenum Admin (John Todd)"
<>

I'm not sure where the problem is, but the public.freenum.org
system seems to be answering OK for me as well as Dennis.

I've finally had time to check into the situation. It turns out to be
a combination of several factors:

- For a while, I had mis-configured my test tool, so all requests
failed.

- The test tool only speaks TCP, whereas freenum only speeks UDP, so I
send requests through an intermediate proxy. The proxy acts on
302's, so the test tool only knows whether the call succeeded at the
UAS, rather than testing freenum alone.

- There are sporadic 408's, apparently in the server for the test
number 613*262.

Dale