isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?

  • From: "Freenum Admin (John Todd)" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Is public.freenum.org working?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:22:09 -0700

At 5:12 PM -0400 2006/10/20,

wrote:

Is the public redirector at public.freenum.org working? I am unable
to get SIP responses from it.

Dale

Dale -
I'm not sure where the problem is, but the public.freenum.org system seems to be answering OK for me as well as Dennis. In the log history, I see that your requests are coming from what appears to be a private IP address. Now, I don't actually log what the IP address is that is originating the requests, so this may be misleading.

What I've found to be useful is to keep the Gizmo project app up on a system somewhere as an "external" SIP client on a different proxy. I then typically try 1234* or 613* to get my monkey/echo test or to get FWD's echo test.

I see quite a few tries in the logs, which at least appear to be working as expected to your requests...

JT