intl-info - Call for International Topics and Presentations

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Call for International Topics and Presentations

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Call for International Topics and Presentations
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:33:52 -0400

Dear Colleagues:

We are soliciting your input for topics and issues in the International community for a panel/discussion section within the ITF, part of the  Fall 2004 Internet2 Member meeting. We are interested in framing a series of panels for short presentations and dynamic discussion on pressing international issues in the global networking community.

Potential discussion topics that have already been suggested include:

> hybrid networks and optical architecture, both on technical aspects and business/management issues around these architectures and models.
> infrastructure for applications (in areas such as telephony and video)
> international trust federations
> security in advanced networks
> global security architecture

We are extremely interested in your suggestions for what are the key issues and themes that you would like to see discussed at the upcoming ITF meeting. In addition to the discussion panels, we will also be putting forth a section on continental and regional updates. More information on this should be forthcoming.

Should you already have a presentation in mind or would like to propose a presentation or suggest topics of interest, please send an email to Ana Preston <>, along with your name and affilitation, proposed title and a short abstract if possible, by no later than August 19, 2004.

For your planning purposes, the ITF meetings will be taking place on Monday, September 27, 2004 at the meeting hotel. General meeting information is at http://events.internet2.edu/2004/fall-mm/

should you need additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Ana Preston

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923 USA

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923 USA

  • Call for International Topics and Presentations, Ana Preston, 08/11/2004