intl-info - Call for International Presentations - Spring 2003 Member Meeting

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Call for International Presentations - Spring 2003 Member Meeting

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Call for International Presentations - Spring 2003 Member Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:56:40 -0500

[apologies for multiple copies]

Dear Colleagues:

We are soliciting presentations from both International Partners and Internet2 members on international collaborative activities, advanced networking projects, application initiatives and/or updates, as well as case studies and presentations on ongoing collaborations between institutions on non-U.S. Research and Education Networks and those in the U.S.
A complete list of Internet2 International partners is at http://international.internet2.edu

This session will be taking place during the Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting taking place in Washington, DC and we are tentatively planning for Tuesday, April 8, from 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Space is very limited; if you would like to make a presentation (20 minutes) please submit the following information to Ana Preston <> by no later than Thursday, March 6, 2003 :
- Your name and affiliation
- Title of the presentation
- small (<200 words) abstract

Finally, for your information, what follows is a quick overview of ITF (International Task Force)-related events for this year's meeting; please note that we are slightly switching things around this Spring. For this meeting, we are going to have the ITF presentation session be first (Tuesday, April 8, 1-4 p.m.), followed by a panel and presentations on International Exchange Points and connections (4-5 p.m.). The next day (Wed. April 9, 8-noon) we will resume our ITF meeting.
Here is a quick run down on what we are planning

+ ITF events:
   Tuesday, April 8:
        1:00 - 4:00 p.m. -- International Task Force: international collaborations
        4:00 - 5 p.m. -- Updates by International peering exchange points and connections

   Wednesday, April 9:
        8:00 a.m. - noon - International Task Force Meeting

+ Overall meeting information, registration and accommodation information for the Spring 2003 Member Meeting can be found at http://events.internet2.edu/2003/spring-mm/

Please don't hesitate to contact me <> if you have any questions on any of the planned international activities for the Fall meeting.

Best Regards,

Ana Preston

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations
UCAID/Internet2
2345 Dunford Hall
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
v. 865.974.2923 | f. 865.974.4810 | m. 865.368.3151

  • Call for International Presentations - Spring 2003 Member Meeting, Ana Preston, 02/13/2003